Friday, August 14, 2009

The Breast Doll ever?

I watch my kids play house and of course they have those little baby bottles where the liquid disapears as the baby "eats". It is natural and causes no concern for me to watch them do this. Now here is an interesting twist to playing house. A spanish toy company has come up with a doll and apron with daisy nipples for this kids to wear to mimic breast feeding. Is it wrong? Is it right? I am not sure. I breast fed all my three kids and plan once again to breast feed this one. I have watched my kids take their dolls and place them at their breast to feed. Now ,while I am pregnant my 2 yo will take one of her babies and shove them in her shirt. Then tell me she has a baby coming out. I think it is cute. If you want to read more about the article and breast doll you can find it here.

2 comments:

Whole Food Pioneer said...

Breastfeeding is as natural to my kids as bottles seemed to me when I played with dolls. Your daughter's role playing is kid's play, but the toy company's apron thing - over the top. Just my opinion.

Rachel said...

Purplebears...
That is a good point. My daughter feeding her baby does not bother me in any way. However having to put an apron on to breat feed makes it weird. If a little girl grows up in a home where the mother breast feeds siblings then she already knows where her boobs are and what they are for, she does not need to put on nipples.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker