Sunday, January 25, 2009

Home-school Mondays

MIA

Today's normal post for home-school Monday's will be MIA. We are on a lovely field trip to the Birch Aquarium. I have taken the camera and I am hoping to be able to share photos of our trip with you all in a Tuesday post. Until then, take a gander at a favorite of this house, Alphabet pancakes. They are a lot of fun and with the hands-on factor, it really help kiddos get into the spirit.

A popular web site lately for our pre-preschooler as she is starting to really master both upper and lower case letters, Starfall. I appreciate how it also includes the letter sound and is very user friendly. It is used as an award for pumpkin. Once she spends 20 or so minutes on upper and lower case flash cards, 1-10 number flash cards and the days of the week song, she gets time on the website. She has yet to grow tired of it.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Thanks so much for the link to the preschool site. I clicked to take a look and my little one ran in and had the biggest fit. She wanted to try it NOW!!!!!

Liz Edgar said...

Thank you for your prayers.

How was the trip to the aquarium?

Hugs,
Liz

Rachel said...

Liz

It was awesome! My 4 year old really enjoyed it. My 9 year old was really only into the shark exhibit there. Come to think of it that is her favorite things about Sea World as well. LOL

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker