Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Father's Day

Other than being rather frugal and well, lets face it, cheap (living on one income will make you be creative), I love no no no....LOVE the idea of home made gifts! I am not sure when it became the norm that if you have a homemade gift that you are cheap, but that seems to be the attitude I encounter the most. Anyway...back on topic.

Father's Day!

Yeah DADS!

I have decided that this year we are going to make hand impressions to follow with a poem, I also have them painting wooden hearts with their names on them and a place to hang a key. Daddy hold's the key to my heart. I will have to post pics when we have that one done. For now I wanted to share the recipe for the handimpressions (sure you can buy the stuff at your local craft store but it is so much more fun when you can mess the whole kitchen, right?) and the poem.

Handprints

What you need:

4 cups of flour
1 cup salt
Food coloring
Water to moisten
Large Bowl

What you do:

Mix all the ingredients together in large bowl. Add water to get desired dampness.
Take half of the salt dough and gently flatten with palm of your hand. Don't let it get too thin. Keep it thick.
Ask your little one to make her handprints in the dough. You can do the same for feetprints too. With a toothpick have your child write their name on the back of the mold with the date. Allow to dry for 24 hours.

Peom Idea:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But everyday I'm growing up
And soon I'll be so tall
That all these little fingerprints
Will be hard to recall
So here's a special handprint
Just so that you can say
This is how my fingers looked
When I placed them here today

Find this idea and more at the link posted below
http://www.homeschoolzone.com/pp/crafts/momday.htm
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker